Astana Negeri Sarawak

Astana Negeri Sarawak

Kuching
0.00 (0 Review(s))
Not open for visitors
+6017-8585732
An imposing palace on the north bank across the river from the Waterfront, the Astana was built in 1870 by Charles Brooke (the second White Rajah of Sarawak) as a bridal gift to his wife, Margaret Alice Lili de Windt.  Laid out in the style of an English manor house, it is the third and last residence built by the Brooke Rajahs and was occupied by the reigning Rajah until the Japanese Occupation in 1941. The Astana has occupied a significant place in the history of Sarawak; it was the venue for the various meetings of the General Council from 1873 to 1937.

The galleries are temporary unavailable for the moment
  Location Map
Get Direction 

  Review(s)

0


0 Rating(s)


5 star
0
4 star
0
3 star
0
2 star
0
1 star
0


No review yet.
Let others know what do you think and be the first to write a review.