Miri Offshore Fishing Experience
Sports fishing is fast gaining popularity in Miri with anglers coming from overseas to participate in the yearly Miri City International Deep Sea Fishing Tournament. The event held off the shore of Miri waters had attracted international anglers from China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Brunei besides Malaysia.
The best season for sea fishing is normally during the month of March – October. Depending on the catch, the fishing guide and captain will steer to another spot to get a better catch during the entire time of fishing. Miri waters are known to have remarkable potential as a fishing destination in the region and through this SPE, we would like to share some exciting experience of angling and great catches during the time on the waters.
Let’s join these groups of teams, from STB and their industry partners, for a 2 Days 1 Night fishing trip at Miri Offshore, Sarawak.
Transfer to the jetty and depart to the fishing spot.
1000 hrs: Depart to a fishing spot known as Batu Mat – Suai area (4 -5 hours one way).
1600 hrs: Arrive at the fishing spot. Onboard fishing starts. Overnight.
After breakfast, continue onboard fishing activity. Before lunch, transfer to Miri.
1600 hrs: Upon arrival at the jetty, proceed to transfer to the hotel.
1900 hrs: Transfer from hotel to restaurant for dinner. Overnight.
0800 hrs: After breakfast, Free & Easy.
1200 hrs: Hotel check out and proceed to Miri airport. Journey ends.
Information on the fishing cruise boat:
- Dimension (M) LxBxD : 24.38 x 6.1 x 2.43
- Crew capacity: 4
- Year of Built: 2016
- Petrol capacity: 4500 litre
- Water capacity: 7200 litre
- Average speed: 10 – 12 knots
- GPS: Furuno GP-32
- Fish finder: Furuno FCV 295
- Life Buoy: 6 pcs
- Life raft: Viking 16DK, CRVF-A-10 (both expiry April 2020)
- Radio Communication: Furuno SSB Transceiver Fs1503, Marine VHF
- Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit, Bunk beds for 14, air conditioning and 2 toilets.
Contact: Seamax Explorer Sdn Bhd (1195975-D), Lot 3380, Jalan Bakam, Luak Bay Comm. Centre, Miri Sarawak. Tel: +6013 8344567
Notes of advice to those who are interested to go for this kind of fishing trip:
- Should stay longer in one good fishing spot
- Bring enough baits and fishing equipment
- Should go during good weather with less choppy waters
- First Aid-kit is a must, do bring along ‘minyak angin’ (medicated ointment)
- Bring some entertainment on board
- Need extra one day to prepare for fishing trip
More information on Fishing in Miri here: https://sarawaktourism.com/attraction/fishing-in-miri/
Information provided by:
Visitor Information Miri
Sarawak Tourism Board