RaisingExplorers.net gives you the run down of the top 5 things to do in Kuching city itself.
These are all within the city itself.
1. Relax by the riverside – Shady pedestrian pathways, overhung by trees, and decorated with flowerbeds, become fairyland at night, the colourful lights reflected in the river below.
2. Check out Kuching’s Cat Statues – It’s coincidence that in Malay ‘kucing’ means ‘cat’, there are three main cat statues around town.
3. Take a stroll through Chinatown – Kuching has an old Chinatown, centred around Jalan Carpenter, and a new Chinatown, which is a busy commercial area, along Jalan Padungan, which is worth a visit for its markets.
4. Take a river cruise – Whether you get on board the tiny, putting sampans that ferry people to and fro across the river, take a fast boat out to the mangroves downriver, or do one of the many touristy sunset cruises on offer, it’s worthwhile to get out on the water.
5. Kuching’s museums – covering all things natural, historical, artistic, anthropological and ethnological.
|The Kuching Waterfront with Mt.Serapi in the distance.
photo credit: raisingexplorers.net
Read and view the complete interesting article and photos at Raising Explorers.
Sarawak… where adventure lives