- This event has passed.
Bario Indigenous Village Sustainable Forum 2019
March 23, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Bario Indigenous Village Sustainable Forum 2019 takes place in Bario on Mrach 23, with the central theme of “Indigenous Identity, Global Mentality”.
There will be talks during the forum on the Indigenous Village Strategic Master Plan (Phase 1, 2020-2030). There will also be talks on transforming conservation into reality, on food safety, digital transformation of the tourism industry, and a descriptive study of the Kelabit Language from the point of view of Word Order Typology, a Japanese Kelabit translation by Yasuka Takeuchi from Hiroshima University.
There will also be a launch of the Kelabit Picture Book in Mandarin and Bahasa.
Date : 23th March 2019, 2pm-4pm
- Food Safety
- Speaker: Professor Dr. Son Radu (Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia) Molecular Microbiology, Food Safety (Microbiological Risk Assessment), Efficient Microbes
- Digital Transformation of the Tourism Industry
- Speaker: Mr Tom Bryant, Managing Director & Founder www.tfbconsulting.co.uk
- Paradigm Shift Bario Indigenous Knowlegde, Education & Medical
- Speaker: Dr Rolland Dom Mattu, Chief Of Medical Services, Consultant Obstetrician & GynaecologistA Descriptive Study of The Kelabit Language From the point of Word Order Typology- Japanese Kelabit Translation – by Yasuka Takeuchi, Hiroshima University
- The Learning Village (Carmen Leong) – Eco Tourism “Indigenous Identity Global Mentality” – introduction by Julian Rang (Bario Agrobiodiversity Hub)
- Launching of Kelabit Picture Book in Mandrin and Bahasa Malaysia
- Leon Yoke Mee Illustrator/Artist/Art Teacher.
Mr Joel (+6)013 8171733
Ms Chrisini (+6)013 8361489
Mr Lian @Inan Pun (+6)013 8451213
Date: 25.3.2019, from 1.30pm
Bengkel “Education” for Student & School
Contact Mr Harry Harold (+6)0138247692
For more information:
Bario Agrobiodiversity Hub
“Transforming conservation into Reality”
Bario, 98060, Miri, Sarawak (Borneo)
Email at [email protected]