Sarawak Tourism Online Ecosystem Fund is a fund allocated by Sarawak Tourism Board. This is a collaboration with Sarawak industry partners. It is a catalytic programme to expand Sarawak Tourism’s Digital footprint.
Incentive Funding of up to RM5,000.00 for application.
Incentive Funding of up to RM5,000.00 per application.
Last Submission of Application: 30th September 2021
Project Duration: 1st April 2021 to 1st December 2021
- Who can apply:
- Applicants must be a registered trade company and licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia.
- Sarawak Inbound Tour Operators, Hotels, Homestays cluster, and Handicrafts entrepreneurs (refers as “Digital Partners”).
Each Digital Partners can select ONE (1) category not exceeding RM5,000.00 per year. These categories are:
- Maximum RM5,000.00 for website development, design and maintenance costs. To include a new website; re-design / update of an existing website; web hosting costs; SEO (Search Engine Optimization); maintenance costs, etc.
- Maximum RM5,000.00 support for booking engine costs. To incorporate a booking engine into an existing website; and / or monthly subscription fees for operators that already use booking engines. To indicate clearly on the subscription period.
- Maximum RM5,000.00 for Digital Advertising. To include social media boosting / search engine marketing / pay per click, etc. Includes Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, YouTube, etc.
- Maximum RM5,000.00 for content production. To include video production costs, blog articles, photography costs for photo banks or use on websites or social media, etc.
- Personal accommodation, meals, transportation by air or land and travelling expenses are not applicable under the Sarawak Tourism Online Ecosystem Fund.
- A committee headed by Sarawak Tourism Board reserves the right on decision of the final funding upon which, a service order will be issued.
- Approved funding will be made payable directly to the related service provider/supplier/vendor upon completion of work. No upfront payment is allowed. The fund is non-transferrable to other services in the case that the service is cancelled.
- Digital Partners must provide an outcome arising from the Sarawak Tourism Online Ecosystem Fund in a report format within one (1) month prior to the disbursement of the fund. The Sarawak Tourism Online Ecosystem Fund will only be disbursed upon receiving full report and invoice(s) from applicant/service provider/supplier/vendor. Full report should include related photographs. Payment will be made within 14 working days upon presentation to the Committee.