30 Fun Things to do in Kuching Sarawak
Written by: Jyotsna Ramani
Kuching, the famous cat city of Sarawak, stole my heart. I went there as a volunteer for MonkeeBar which helps raise funds for Project Orangutan but soon fell in love with the laid back Bornean lifestyle. So much so that I had my parents visit, plus I revisited as press for Rainforest world music festival. Here’s my personal experiences in the cat city and top 30 fun and interesting things to do in and around Kuching.
30 Things to do in Kuching City in 2017:
- Hike in Bako National Park
- Look for Sea Turtles in Satang Island
- Enter the world of Cats at the Cat Museum
- Volunteer at the Monkee bar
- Get a tan at Damai Beach
- Walk along the Waterfront
- Hop on the Irrawady dolphin tour
- High Five the Cat Statues
- Stay at Fancy Hotels
- Bask in the Cafe Culture
- Visit the Quirky Upside Down Museum aka Rumah Terbalik
- Attend the Rainforest World Music Festival
- Gulp Beer in Cool Drinking Holes
- Orangutan Feeding at Semenggoh Nature Reserve
- India Street
- Check out the Kuching Mosque
- Bird Watching in Kuching
- Orchid garden
- Shopping in Kuching
- Sarawak museum
- Watch a Muay Thai match
- See the Famous Fort Margherita
- Loiter around Padungan Street
- Kuching Old Courthouse
- Buy Cat Souvenirs
- Try Local Food
- Be Mesmerized by the best Sunsets in Malaysia
- Stay Fit at Kuching Integrated Recreational center
- Meow Meow Cat Cafe
- Cooking class with a local
Path to your jungle lodge at Bako.
Green sea turtle at Satang, preparing to lay her 118 eggs ?
Breathtaking Damai beach in Sarawak.
Lovely views at the Kuching Waterfront.
Our very first sighting of the Irrawaddy dolphin.
Adorable orangutan at Semenggoh, enjoying feeding hour.
Vibrant colors at India street.
Asian fairy bluebird spotted at Bako.
White bellied woodpecker.
Jam packed mall when they were hosting a Muay Thai match.
Lively intersection of Padungan street.
Cat statues at Padungan st intersection.
Local food galore.
Our perfect rock to sit, chat, gulp beer and watch the epic sunset.
Read more on: https://www.wanderwithjo.com/things-to-do-in-kuching/
Photo courtesy: https://www.wanderwithjo.com/