30 Fun Things to do in Kuching Sarawak
Written by: Jyotsna Ramani
Kuching, the famous cat city of Sarawak, stole my heart. I went there as a volunteer for MonkeeBar which helps raise funds for Project Orangutan. Then, I fell in love with the laid back Bornean lifestyle. So much so that I had my parents visit. Plus, I revisited as press for Rainforest World Music Festival. Here’s my personal experiences in the cat city and top 30 fun and interesting things to do in and around Kuching.
30 Things to do in Kuching City in 2017:
- Hike in Bako national park
- Look for Sea Turtles in Satang Island
- Hop on the Irrawady dolphin tour
- Orangutan Feeding at Semenggoh Nature Reserve
- Bird Watching in Kuching
- Enter the world of Cats at the Cat Museum
- Smell the Flowers at Orchid garden
- Volunteer at the Monkee bar
- Get a tan at Damai Beach
- High Five the Cat Statues
- Be Mesmerized by the best Sunsets in Malaysia
- Gulp Beer in Cool Drinking Holes
- Walk along the Waterfront
- India Street
- Check out the Kuching Mosque
- Visit the Quirky Upside Down Museum aka Rumah Terbalik
- Sarawak Museum
- See the Famous Fort Margherita
- Loiter around Padungan Street
- Kuching Old Courthouse
- Stay at Fancy Hotels
- Bask in the Cafe Culture
- Attend the Rainforest World Music Festival
- Shopping in Kuching
- Watch a Muay Thai match
- Buy Cat Souvenirs
- Try Local Food
- Stay Fit at Kuching Integrated Recreational center
- Meow Meow Cat Cafe
- Cooking class with a local
Green sea turtle preparing to lay her 118 eggs at Satang Island
Breathtaking Damai beach in Sarawak.
Lovely views at the Kuching Waterfront.
Our very first sighting of the Irrawaddy dolphin.
Adorable orangutan at Semenggoh, enjoying feeding hour.
Vibrant colors at India street.
Asian fairy bluebird spotted at Bako.
White bellied woodpecker.
Jam packed mall where a Muay Thai match was held.
Lively intersection of Padungan street.
Cat statues at Padungan St intersection.
Local food galore.
Our perfect rock to sit, chat, gulp beer and watch the epic sunset.
Read full article on: https://www.wanderwithjo.com/things-to-do-in-kuching/
Photo courtesy: https://www.wanderwithjo.com/